Maraschino Cherry Mini Loaves Recipe
I've been making these breads as Christmas gifts for my neighbors for more than 20 years. Each moist slice is dotted with cherries, chocolate and nuts.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs and reserved juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, chocolate chips, dates and cherries.
- Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap and store for 24 hours before serving. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Maraschino Cherry Mini Loaves in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p81
Reviews for Maraschino Cherry Mini Loaves(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010
These mini loaves are great. I also did some with bourbon soaked raisins instead of the chopped dates.