Maramalade French Toast Sandwiches
I change up these warm, filling sandwiches to be sweet or savory but always a treat. All it takes is a different jelly or jam. Try hot pepper jelly when you want a little sizzle. —Danielle Loring Lewiston, ME
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- Spread cream cheese over six slices of bread; top with marmalade and
- remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Dip both sides of
- sandwiches into egg mixture. Place sandwiches on griddle; toast 2-3
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. If desired, serve with
- syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (calculated without syrup) equals 447 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.