Maple Walnut Truffles
You'll be delightfully surprised when you bite into one of these little goodies. The a velvety, maple-flavored chocolate coating surrounds a sweet, nutty center. Yum!
24 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup ground walnuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place the ground walnuts, syrup and brown sugar in a small bowl; mix
- well. Scoop teaspoonfuls and form into 24 balls; transfer to a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in
- melted chips and maple flavoring; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour
- or until set.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of cream cheese mixture around each walnut ball.
- Roll in chopped walnuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.