You'll be surprised and delighted when you bite into one of these little goodies. The a velvety, maple-flavored chocolate coating surrounds a sweet, nutty center. Yum!
Recommended: Say “Oui!” to Our Favorite French-Inspired Recipes
- 2/3 cup ground walnuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place the ground walnuts, syrup and brown sugar in a small bowl; mix well. Scoop teaspoonfuls and form into 24 balls; transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in melted chips and maple flavoring; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of cream cheese mixture around each walnut ball. Roll in chopped walnuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Maple Walnut Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p162
Reviews for Maple Walnut Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 4, 2015
"This is an excellent recipe. The only change I made was adding a little of the maple extract to the dough (brown sugar, syrup & walnut mixture). I got 18 truffles, not 24. I'll definitely make these again."