You'll be delightfully surprised when you bite into one of these little goodies. The a velvety, maple-flavored chocolate coating surrounds a sweet, nutty center. Yum!
- 2/3 cup ground walnuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place the ground walnuts, syrup and brown sugar in a small bowl; mix well. Scoop teaspoonfuls and form into 24 balls; transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in melted chips and maple flavoring; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of cream cheese mixture around each walnut ball. Roll in chopped walnuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Maple Walnut Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p162
Reviews for Maple Walnut Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 4, 2015
"This is an excellent recipe. The only change I made was adding a little of the maple extract to the dough (brown sugar, syrup & walnut mixture). I got 18 truffles, not 24. I'll definitely make these again."