Sweet potatoes with dried cherries and walnuts make this a delicious dish.—Sarah Herse, Brooklyn, New York
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes lengthwise in half; cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup walnuts, brown sugar, cherries, syrup, cider and salt; toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Maple-Walnut Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p66
Reviews for Maple-Walnut Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review