Maple Walnut Pie
For a sweet and nutty pie, try this dessert. To keep nuts fresh, we store them in the freezer to help them maintain their natural oils.—Jerry and Mary Phillips, Bayfield, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Dash salt
- 1-1/3 cups walnuts, broken
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a medium bowl, mix syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and salt until
- smooth. Fold in walnuts. Pour into pie crust; cover edge of pastry
- with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake 25
- minutes more or until the filling is set. Cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 486 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.