Maple-Walnut Ice Cream Recipe
When my family has get-togethers, I frequently receive a request to make this scrumptious ice cream. The walnuts make a delicious complement to the maple flavorSandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk to 175°. Combine eggs and honey. Whisk in a small amount of the hot mixture to the egg mixture. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cream and maple flavoring. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. During the last 5 minutes of processing, add walnuts. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Originally published as Maple-Walnut Ice Cream in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p169
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Maple-Walnut Ice Cream(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review