- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- MAPLE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half cream
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar. Remove from the heat and stir in maple syrup. Cool mixture to lukewarm. Beat in eggs and flavoring. Stir in flour mixture and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine sugar, syrup and enough milk to achieve a pourable consistency. Drizzle over brownies. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Maple Walnut Brownies in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p93
Reviews for Maple Walnut Brownies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review