Maple Walnut Biscotti Recipe
Replace melted chocolate with more maple flavor by combining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons maple syrup; drizzle over biscotti. — Susan Rogers, Brattleboro, Vermont
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or white baking chips
- 1. In a small bowl, beat eggs, egg white, syrup, sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flours and baking soda; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- 2. With floured hands, shape into two 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangles on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until set.
- 3. Reduce heat to 325°. Place pan on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Place biscotti on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with chocolate; chill until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 28 biscotti.
1 cookie equals 93 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC