Replace melted chocolate with more maple flavor by combining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons maple syrup; drizzle over biscotti. — Susan Rogers, Brattleboro, Vermont
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or white baking chips
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, egg white, syrup, sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flours and baking soda; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- With floured hands, shape into two 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangles on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until set.
- Reduce heat to 325°. Place pan on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Place biscotti on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with chocolate; chill until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 28 biscotti.
Originally published as Maple Walnut Biscotti in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p31
Reviews for Maple Walnut Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review