Maple Walnut Banana Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the eggs, bananas, butter, milk and flavoring; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 197 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Maple Walnut Banana Bread
"Very easy to make and moist. Next time will add walnuts to mix as well as over the top."
"Made this up because I was overrun with ripe bananas. Searched high and low for my loaf pan, couldn't find it, so ended up using a 9x9 square pan instead. Made streusel with 1/2c white whole wheat flour, 1/2c maple sugar and about 4T butter. Nuts omitted due to allergies."
"Made this recipe and it turned out great! I used vanilla extract instead of maple and I added yellow food coloring, still fabulous!"
"I made this yesterday. I used vanilla extract & egg substitute, it came out perfect!! nice and light and golden. I omitted the nuts on top and put them in the batter instead. Excellent for company to :) you can make it into muffins as well ."
"Very good, i added pineapple with the recipe and turned out great. we dont have maple flavoring so i used vanilla instead. Awesome!"
"Two thumbs up! Didn't have maple flavoring, so used 1 Tablespoon maple syrup."
"This was a good as every other banana bread recipe I've tried but I didn't think it was any better. Also, it overflowed over the edge of my 8x4 pan. If I make it again, I will be sure to use a 9x5 pan instead."
"was downloading some recipes into my TOH recipe saver and alongside was some recipes, this came up, and being I had some extra soft bananas, this caught my eye - well, this is to die for!!! so flavorful, moist and just plain good!Definately will be in my "favorite box" and found a good use for my bananas - might try using them in muffin tins the next time/that way, I can freeze some - being there is just the 2 of us."