- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and
- maple flavoring; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; place one circle on
- a greased baking sheet or 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with a third of
- the butter; sprinkle with a third of the filling. Repeat layers
- twice. Pinch edges of dough to seal.
- Carefully place a glass in center of circle. With scissors, cut from
- outside edge just to the glass, forming 16 wedges. Remove glass;
- twist each wedge five to six times. Pinch ends to seal and tuck
- under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. In a small
- bowl, combine glaze ingredients; set aside. Carefully remove coffee
- cake from pan by running a metal spatula under it to loosen;
- transfer to a wire rack. Drizzle with glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 236 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.