Maple Teriyaki Salmon Fillets Recipe
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- 2. Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently during the last 4 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 349 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.