- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently during the last 4 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Maple Teriyaki Salmon Fillets
"I'm always looking for new salmon recipes and this was delicious. I will definitely make again, but will use a tip from another reviewer - use applesauce instead of juice. I think it would be good for the marinade to "stick" a bit better to the salmon when broiling. I think subbing pineapple juice for the apple juice would be great."
"Make this once a week. love it"
"I've made this many times and it is excellent. This time, I didn't have any apple juice, but I did have some apple sauce. Worked great, and the marinade stuck to the salmon even better. Made it for my folks and they just loved it!!"
"I was looking for something easy to make and found this recipe. Made this for dinner tonight, and i thought that it was a little dry. I marinated the fish for about 2 hours, there was little flavor in it. The marinade does not penetrate well into the fish."
"This is one of my 2 favorite salmon recipes (both from TOH). Always delicious & couldn't be easier. Moist, flavorful - wouldn't change a thing. Thank you, TOH!"
"Loved this salmon. The only thing that I changed was that I cooked it on the grill instead of in the broiler. I served it with the Noodle Rice Pilaf and green beans."
"I made this for dinner for some of my girlfriends, they were so impressed. The salmon looks so pretty out of the broiler, melts in your mouth. Everyone wanted the recipe"