Maple Syrup Cream
This was a favorite dessert of my French ancestors from Quebec. The mousse is very creamy with a rich maple flavor.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Additional maple syrup
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1
- minute. In a small saucepan, bring milk to a gentle boil; stir in
- gelatin mixture until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in syrup
- and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into gelatin
- mixture. Spoon into eight individual serving dishes. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Just before serving,
- drizzle with additional maple syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 185 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a