Here’s a good-old New England recipe. Flavored with a hint of maple syrup, the corn bread makes a perfect companion to spicy chili or stew. –Roger Hickum of Plymouth, New Hampshire
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, syrup and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Maple Syrup Corn Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p11
Reviews for Maple Syrup Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review