Maple Sweet Potato Casserole with Apricots Recipe
- 1 can (2 pounds 8 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over the potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 219 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Maple Sweet Potato Casserole with Apricots
"I've made this for years now, and its a huge hit always. I make it the day before, cover it, and refrigerate it. I take it out, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, and then I add the pecans and bake it. And yes, you can always put some marshmallows on top the last few minutes if your family insists and your sugar tolerances can handle it. I've also prepared it in a slow cooker when oven space is scarce. Cooked it for 3-4 hours on low."
"Super easy and delicious! I do it in the crockpot when I need to transport it somewhere."
"I tried this and it is just delicious, the carbs were a little to high so I used sugar free maple syrup"