Maple Sweet Potato Casserole with Apricots Recipe
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the versatile root vegetable—the sweet potato. Building on traditional recipes used by my mother and grandmother, I've added maple syrup, brown sugar, dried apricots and more spices to update this holiday casserole. —Keri Scofield Lawson, Fullerton, California
- 1 can (2 pounds 8 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over the potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Maple Sweet Potato Casserole with Apricots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC