Maple Sugar Pumpkin Pie
We make our own maple syrup, and that's what gives this pie its special taste. You might want to bake this for your Thanksgiving meal. —Martha Boudah, Essex Center, Vermont
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and
- continue baking for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 308 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.