Maple Sugar Pumpkin Pie
We make our own maple syrup, and that's what gives this pie its special taste. You might want to bake this for your Thanksgiving meal.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and
- continue baking for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 308 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.