Maple Sugar Cookies Recipe
This recipe is requested by friends and family every time I'm asked to bring cookies for an event. Folks enjoy the subtle maple flavor in this crisp cookie.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 187 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Maple Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC