- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Maple Sugar Cookies
"These came out ok. Nice texture and a mild maple flavor. We just decorated with colored sugar and maple sugar. They were a little plain. If I made them again I think I would add frosting that also had some maple flavor to it. They were easy to make but a little soft to roll out. You might need additional flour."
"Not too sweet and delicious."
"Super delicious and easy to make. They were a hit at the party I took them to."
"These cookie were amazing! i had rave reviews and they have since been added to my treasure book of recipes. I whipped up some vanilla buttercream icing and added a little maple syrup and cinnamon to the icing for some added flare. The cookies paired with the icing made a delicious treat!"