- salt, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and mace; gradually add to creamed
- mixture alternately with syrup mixture, beating well after each
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to a wire rack to cool.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter and maple flavoring until
- fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add
- enough sour cream to achieve spreading consistency.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 492 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.