Maple Sticky Buns Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups maple syrup
- Additional brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add shortening, sugar, egg, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 16x10-in. rectangle.
- 3. On each rectangle, spread 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup walnuts. Pour syrup into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- 4. Tightly roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Slice each roll into 10 pieces; place over syrup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes; invert onto serving plates. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 224 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Maple Sticky Buns
"I made these and they were so easy and delicious! I will make them again."