- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a microwave-safe 8-cup glass measuring bowl, mix sugar and corn syrup until blended. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Microwave, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in cashews, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and remaining butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot). Quickly stir in baking soda and maple flavoring (mixture will foam). Immediately pour into prepared pan, spreading with a metal spatula. Cool completely.
- Break brittle into pieces. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
Originally published as Maple-Spice Cashew Brittle in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Maple-Spice Cashew Brittle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review