Maple Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in syrup and pepper; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups sausage mixture (calculated without rice) equals 472 calories, 34 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,244 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer