Maple Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in syrup and pepper; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup (calculated without rice): 472 calories, 34g fat (11g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1244mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Maple Sausage Skillet
"Very good! Served it over noodles instead of rice and it was tasty. Will make often!"
"When I make stir fry for dinner this is my husbands #1 request.I added some red peppers and carrots to this. Was easy and quick to fix, this is a family favorite, just a hint of maple flavoring. It is a keeper in our household."