Maple Sausage Skillet
"Maple syrup adds sweetness to this yummy stir-fry," says Dottie Tarlton of Malvern, Arkansas. "I sometimes add a little broccoli, too, for a change of pace." Add a green salad and a crusty loaf of bread for a complete meal in minutes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil for 3-4 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Add vegetables; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or
- until crisp-tender. Stir in the syrup and pepper; heat through.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups sausage mixture (calculated without rice) equals 472 calories, 34 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,244 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer