Maple Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in syrup and pepper; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple Sausage Skillet in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p11
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Maple Sausage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2015
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2012
"Very good! Served it over noodles instead of rice and it was tasty. Will make often!"
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2008
"When I make stir fry for dinner this is my husbands #1 request.I added some red peppers and carrots to this. Was easy and quick to fix, this is a family favorite, just a hint of maple flavoring. It is a keeper in our household."