"Maple syrup adds sweetness to this yummy stir-fry," says Dottie Tarlton of Malvern, Arkansas. "I sometimes add a little broccoli, too, for a change of pace." Add a green salad and a crusty loaf of bread for a complete meal in minutes.
Recommended: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in syrup and pepper; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple Sausage Skillet in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p11
Reviews for Maple Sausage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2015
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2012
"Very good! Served it over noodles instead of rice and it was tasty. Will make often!"
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2008
"When I make stir fry for dinner this is my husbands #1 request.I added some red peppers and carrots to this. Was easy and quick to fix, this is a family favorite, just a hint of maple flavoring. It is a keeper in our household."