"Maple syrup adds sweetness to this yummy stir-fry," says Dottie Tarlton of Malvern, Arkansas. "I sometimes add a little broccoli, too, for a change of pace." Add a green salad and a crusty loaf of bread for a complete meal in minutes.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in syrup and pepper; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple Sausage Skillet in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p11
Reviews for Maple Sausage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review