Maple Sausage Patties Recipe
Maple syrup, sage, thyme and a little Liquid Smoke lend comforting flavor to these hearty pork patties. "I developed the recipe with help from my neighbors who were willing taste testers," says Margaret Eid of Huron, South Dakota.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1. In a large bowl, mix maple syrup, salt, spices and, if desired, liquid smoke. Add pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in. patties. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-6 minutes per side. Yield: 8 servings.
1 patty: 128 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Maple Sausage Patties
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC