- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 pound ground pork
- In a large bowl, mix maple syrup, salt, spices and, if desired, liquid smoke. Add pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in. patties. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-6 minutes per side. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMaple Sausage Patties
"Made these yesterday and they were delicious. I used only half the cayenne pepper called for and no salt or liquid smoke. I served each one on an english muffin with a slice of cheese and a fried egg. Wonderful. Will definitely be making these again."