Maple Sausage Patties Recipe
Maple syrup, sage, thyme and a little Liquid Smoke lend comforting flavor to these hearty pork patties. "I developed the recipe with help from my neighbors who were willing taste testers," says Margaret Eid of Huron, South Dakota.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons mesquite Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in. patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Sausage Patties in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p8
Reviews for Maple Sausage Patties(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >