- 1 pound bulk maple pork sausage
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) plus 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Assorted crackers
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine bread cubes and pine nuts; cover and process until crumbly. Transfer to a small bowl; add butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the Asiago cheese, onions, pepper flakes, pepper and salt. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Serve with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Maple Sausage Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p94
Reviews for Maple Sausage Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2014
"When do you add the sausage?"