Maple Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Dip the tops in sugar. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a small bowl. beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 223 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Maple Sandwich Cookies
"I did not make the sandwiches but added the flavoring directly to the cookies. I stirred in some chopped walnuts, and rolled the cookies in powdered maple sugar. The result was a delicious, maple shortbread cookie."