Maple Ricotta Mousse with Candied Pecans Recipe
Try not to sneak too many of the maple-y nuts while you make dessert. With the mousse, they're even better. —Kathleen Gill, Pahrump, Nevada
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1. Place syrup in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- 2. In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir pecans over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon cooked syrup; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Spread on foil to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, beat ricotta and mascarpone cheeses until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup cooled syrup; gently fold in whipped cream.
- 4. To serve, spoon mousse into dessert dishes. Drizzle with remaining cooled syrup; top with candied pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 646 calories, 50g fat (26g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Maple Ricotta Mousse with Candied Pecans
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC