Maple Ricotta Mousse with Candied Pecans
Try not to sneak too many of the maple-y nuts while you make dessert. With the mousse, they're even better. —Kathleen Gill, Pahrump, NV
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Place syrup in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir pecans over medium heat,
- about 3 minutes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon cooked syrup; cook and
- stir 1 minute longer. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl,
- beat ricotta and mascarpone cheeses until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1/3 cup cooled syrup; gently fold in whipped
- To serve, spoon mousse into dessert dishes. Drizzle with remaining
- cooled syrup; top with candied pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 646 calories, 50 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium,