Try not to sneak too many of the maple-y nuts while you make dessert. With the mousse, they're even better. —Kathleen Gill, Pahrump, NV
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Place syrup in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir pecans over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon cooked syrup; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, beat ricotta and mascarpone cheeses until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup cooled syrup; gently fold in whipped cream.
- To serve, spoon mousse into dessert dishes. Drizzle with remaining cooled syrup; top with candied pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Ricotta Mousse with Candied Pecans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p104
Reviews for Maple Ricotta Mousse with Candied Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2014
"Easy to make and a great light ending to a heavy meal. Present it in small elegant dishes."