Maple Raisin Carrots
Golden raisins are a sweet addition to this time-saving treatment for carrots. Gay Duhon from Paulina, Louisiana shares the speedy skillet side dish that's mildly flavored with maple syrup.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and syrup.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in carrots and raisins. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until carrots are tender. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 113 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.