Maple Pumpkin Torte Recipe
This pumpkin dessert always gets rave reviews. When people ask where I bought the cake, I smile and say that it was made with love in my own kitchen. —Dianna Wara, Washington, Illinois
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1. Grease three 9-in. round baking pans; line with waxed paper. Grease the paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup flour, water, pumpkin, eggs, oil and cinnamon; beat for 30 seconds on low speed. Beat for 2 minutes on medium.
- 2. Transfer a third of the batter to a small bowl; beat in brown sugar and remaining flour. Stir in chips and pecans. Pour into one prepared pan. Divide the plain batter between the two remaining pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring; beat until smooth.
- 5. Place one plain cake layer on a serving platter. Top with a quarter of the frosting. Top with the pumpkin-nut cake layer. Top with a quarter of the frosting. Top with remaining plain cake layer; spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 742 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 113 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Maple Pumpkin Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC