- prepared pan. Divide the plain batter between the two remaining
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add the
- confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring; beat until
- Place one plain cake layer on a serving platter. Top with a quarter
- of the frosting. Top with the pumpkin-nut cake layer. Top with a
- quarter of the frosting. Top with remaining plain cake layer; spread
- remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 742 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 113 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.