Maple Pumpkin Torte Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- Grease three 9-in. round baking pans; line with waxed paper. Grease the paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup flour, water, pumpkin, eggs, oil and cinnamon; beat for 30 seconds on low speed. Beat for 2 minutes on medium.
- Transfer a third of the batter to a small bowl; beat in brown sugar and remaining flour. Stir in chips and pecans. Pour into one prepared pan. Divide the plain batter between the two remaining pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring; beat until smooth.
- Place one plain cake layer on a serving platter. Top with a quarter of the frosting. Top with the pumpkin-nut cake layer. Top with a quarter of the frosting. Top with remaining plain cake layer; spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Maple Pumpkin Torte(10)
Sort By :
I absolutely love this recipe I make it every year for my husband thanksgiving feast at work and get great comments....:)
This is an excellent cake! I used buttermilk instead of water and mini cinnamon chips instead of white chips. Will make again!
This is a really good, decadent dessert. Picn1k, vanilla or white chips are sold alongside the chocolate chips in the baking aisle. Just white chocolate chips in other words.
I have a question; what does 1-1/3 cups vanilla or white chips mean?
This is for Gloria. You can buy sugar free cake mix and use brown sugar splenda instead of brown sugar. Frosting use 1 8 oz cream cheese and sugar free cool whip mixed together. If you want sweet, add splenda to it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cake Recipes >