Maple Pumpkin Pie
Tired of traditional pumpkin pie? “The maple syrup in this special pie provides a subtle but terrific enhancer,” says field editor Lisa Varner of Charleston, South Carolina.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until
- smooth. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 45-50
- minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and top of pie is set
- (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent
- overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, syrup and