Maple Pumpkin Pie with a Crunch Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or canned pumpkin
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 11 pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, syrup, flour, pie spice and salt until blended. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack. Top pie with whipped topping and pecans; sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Maple Pumpkin Pie with a Crunch
Sort By :
A bit bland for me. My goal for my Thanksgiving pumpkin pie was for it not to be a traditional pumpkin pie, but one with a twist. I thought the maple syrup in this recipe would make it a little different...but I couldn't even taste the maple and thought the overall pie was bland. Wasn't bad, just wasn't amazing like I had hoped!
Pumpkin pie season starts early for my family as it's what my son requests for his late August birthday. I made this one for Thanksgiving and everyone absolutely loved it!! I'm always looking for recipes to use maple syrup in. This one is in my recipe box!!
Usually, I have no trouble with the amount of time a recipe calls for, however, this morning I baked the pie at 425 for 15 minutes and then 350 for another 35 minutes as the recipe calls for and it wasn't done to say the least. I had to bake for another 12 minutes to get the consistency for a typical pumpkin pie. I understand baking times vary but by 12 minutes is quite a bit. Other than that, great recipe.
I don't have a review yet...I have a question about the maple syrup...do I use Mrs. Butterworths or do I buy REAL syrup?? Had to do a rating to submit my question.
duh! pecans, maybe?????? wake up,people!
haven't tried it yet, but can't go wrong, LOVE pumpkin pie!