I love muffins, and these are among the most irresistible ones I have ever tasted. These go together in less than an hour. Best of all, the sweet aroma of pumpkin, brown sugar and maple syrup fills the house while they're baking. -Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, milk, oil and 1 tablespoon syrup; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining brown sugar and syrup until smooth. Gently stir into batter until mixture appears swirled.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Maple Pumpkin Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p40
Reviews for Maple Pumpkin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review