Every year after my family and I visit our local pumpkin patch, we come home and enjoy our first autumn meal where these dinner rolls make an appearance along with corn chowder and apple pie.—Sabrina Fraley, Georgetown, Kentucky
Recommended: Fall Breads
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, brown sugar, yeast, salt, pie spice and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk, syrup and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in pumpkin and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide and shape dough into 16 balls. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brush remaining milk over dough. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over hot rolls. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Maple-Pumpkin Dinner Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Maple-Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review