Maple-Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, brown sugar, yeast, salt, pie spice and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk, syrup and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in pumpkin and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide and shape dough into 16 balls. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brush remaining milk over dough. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over hot rolls. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Maple-Pumpkin Dinner Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Maple-Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review