Maple Pretzel Chicken
This unexpected combo delivers delicious results. The finer the pretzel crumb, the better. Larger pieces won't coat as well. —Tara Szlag, Columbus, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl,
- whisk egg and syrup. Place pretzels in a separate shallow bowl. Dip
- chicken in egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 472 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.