Maple Pretzel Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and syrup. Place pretzels in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple Pretzel Chicken(20)
Sort By :
This was very good! Loved the mix of the pretzels and maple.
wonderful. i am sorry i waited so long to make it. had a super great flavor not to overpowering.
@ howeavenue. There is definitely one and possibly 2 reasons why your fried chicken isn't crunchy like KFC. First and foremost is that I'm sure you don't own and use a pressure fryer such as they do. The other possible reason is that you fry the chicken immediately after coating. Try putting the coated chicken on a plate. cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour before frying. BTW the idea of egg and honey mustard is a keeper. Tried it and it is excellent
Quick & easy and flavorful. I've made it twice now, and I prefer a more coarse pretzel coating vs. a finely chopped pretzel breading. I also dredged the chicken through both the egg bath and the pretzels twice, just to give it extra coating & flavor. The breasts came out juicy both times. I'll make it again for a quick meal.
Tastes kind of funky.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >