Maple Praline Supreme
This is such an easy dessert to fix well in advance and tuck in the freezer for a special treat anytime. Maple syrup has the right flavor to make it dynamite.Pat Bixby, Lake Elmore, Vermont
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar and butter. Spread onto a
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until
- browned. Cool; crumble and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine marshmallow creme and syrup until smooth; fold in
- whipped cream. Place half of the nut mixture in a greased 9-in. x
- 5-in. loaf pan. Top with marshmallow mixture and remaining nut
- mixture. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Invert onto a
- serving plate and slice. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 467 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.