Maple Praline Supreme Recipe
This is such an easy dessert to fix well in advance and tuck in the freezer for a special treat anytime. Maple syrup has the right flavor to make it dynamite.—Pat Bixby, Lake Elmore, Vermont
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar and butter. Spread onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until browned. Cool; crumble and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine marshmallow creme and syrup until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Place half of the nut mixture in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Top with marshmallow mixture and remaining nut mixture. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Invert onto a serving plate and slice. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 467 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC