Maple Pot Roast Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown meat on both sides. Combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Add the carrot, celery and onions; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potato; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Serve roast and vegetables with pan juices. Yield: 2 servings.
6 ounces cooked meat with 3/4 cup cooked vegetables equals 619 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Maple Pot Roast
"I really disliked this pot roast. It was sickeningly sweet."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.