Maple Pot Roast Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown meat on both sides. Combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Add the carrot, celery and onions; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potato; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Serve roast and vegetables with pan juices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 619 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 6g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Maple Pot Roast
"I really disliked this pot roast. It was sickeningly sweet."