- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown meat on both sides. Combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the carrot, celery and onions; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potato; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Serve roast and vegetables with pan juices. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple Pot Roast in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p19
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Maple Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2013
"I really disliked this pot roast. It was sickeningly sweet."