- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown meat on both sides. Combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the carrot, celery and onions; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potato; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Serve roast and vegetables with pan juices. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple Pot Roast in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p19
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Maple Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2013
I really disliked this pot roast. It was sickeningly sweet.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >