Maple Pork Slices
Lori Comstock of Chesterfield, Virginia combines fresh garlic, herbs and sugar-free maple syrup to turn pork tenderloin into a distinctive entree. "The touch of sweetness makes the meat dish a big hit with my family," Lori says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- Flatten meat to 1/2-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag,
- combine the garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt and onion powder. Add
- pork, a few slices at a time; shake to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook pork in butter over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and
- discard pan juices. Add syrup to meat in skillet. Cook over
- medium-high heat, turning several times, for about 3 minutes or
- until syrup is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked pork) equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.