Maple Pork Slices Recipe
Lori Comstock of Chesterfield, Virginia combines fresh garlic, herbs and sugar-free maple syrup to turn pork tenderloin into a distinctive entree. "The touch of sweetness makes the meat dish a big hit with my family," Lori says.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- Flatten meat to 1/2-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt and onion powder. Add pork, a few slices at a time; shake to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook pork in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard pan juices. Add syrup to meat in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, turning several times, for about 3 minutes or until syrup is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Pork Slices in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Maple Pork Slices(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >