These deliciously sweet and tangy pork chops are crispy outside but melt-in-your-mouth tender inside. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and ginger. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Maple Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review