I absolutely love pecans. I combine them with maple and vanilla to create the ultimate tart, made even richer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. —Redawna Kalynchuk, Barrhead, Alberta
Featured In: 31 Recipes for Your Derby Day Buffet
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Divide dough into 12 portions. Roll each portion into a 5-in. circle; transfer to 12 ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the first six filling ingredients. Pour into tart shells; arrange pecans over tops. Bake 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on wire racks. If desired, serve with ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Maple Pecan Tarts in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p78
Reviews for Maple Pecan Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review