Maple-Pecan Snack Mix
"This is perfect when I need something healthy and portable for my kids to put in a bag to eat on the go. We love blueberry pancakes, and this recipe incorporates some of that great flavor in a handy, healthy treat."
Jackie Gregston, Hallsville, Texas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, granola and
- pecans; set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the
- butter, brown sugar and syrup. Microwave on high for 2 minutes,
- stirring once. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto
- waxed paper; cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries and
- chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 323 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.