"This is perfect when I need something healthy and portable for my kids to put in a bag to eat on the go. We love blueberry pancakes, and this recipe incorporates some of that great flavor in a handy, healthy treat." Jackie Gregston, Hallsville, Texas
Recommended: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
- 5 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, granola and pecans; set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and syrup. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper; cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 cups.
Originally published as Maple-Pecan Snack Mix in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p44
Reviews for Maple-Pecan Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2010
"Easy and delicious - perfect for at home or on the go."
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"I first made it for my husband and he loved it. I made it for work and was asked for the recipe."